Saturday, January 24, 2015

Coconut oil for moms and baby

Coconut oil has been used for many years as a natural everything. I personally love it and use it everyday as a lotion, tooth paste, makeup remover, and for hair. I did not know about these benifets of using it before,during, and after pregnancy so I thought I would share it with y'all. If coconut oil is in your life what do you use it for?

Before pregnancy

Coconut oil can regulate your hormones and help with ovulation and conception.


For Baby

Lauric Acid
-Coconut oil contains Lauric Acid, a medium chain triglyceride ( only found in mother’s milk and coconut oil. (Ratios are identical between human milk and coconut oil)

Make Baby’s skin silky smooth
Rub a small amount on baby’s skin for moisturizing.

Teething tool
Rub a little bit of coconut oil on baby’s gums as a natural pain-relieving alternative.

Natural Diaper Rash Cream
Use coconut oil for an all natural alternative.

Natural Vapor Rub
Mix coconut oil with extra virgin olive oil and rub on baby’s chest to help clear congestion.

Cradle cap
Put some on babies cradle cap and it will heal very quickly.

For Mommy

Milk Supply
Taking 3 1/2 tbs. or more per day may increase milk supply.

Immune Booster
Coconut oil has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties that can help strengthen Mom’s immune system, which becomes weakened during pregnancy.

Morning Sickness
Extra virgin coconut oil may help reduce morning sickness by leveling off blood sugars.

Stretch Marks
Rubbing coconut oil on your belly may help reduce the appearance of stretch marks since it works as a natural moisturizer.

Nipple balm
Rub some coconut oil on dry nipples as an alternative to nipple balm and it is safe for babies to suckle after applied.

Curb the Constipation
Taking coconut oil daily during pregnancy may help reduce constipation since it acts as a natural laxative.

Tearing
Rubbing coconut oil can minimize tearing if applied daily.

2 comments:

  1. Hello marie!
    yes coconut oil is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I have sebhorric dermatitis so I use this to shave with and as a moisturizer. Doesn't irritate my skin at all. Also I apply to my scalp after my conditioner, let it sit and rinse. If not my scalp is on fire and I itch horribly! I like the virgin coconut oil myself. And it can also be used as a lubricant too.
    -Danielle B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this stuff is amazing there are countless of uses for coconut oil :)

      Delete